Monday, January 5, 2015

To a New Year


Happy 2015, everyone! Did you know this is a the year Marty McFly visited in Back to the Future 2? Can anyone say hover boards?! I'm excited for this new year and looking forward to all the new opportunities, changes, and more! 2014 was great, and I expect this one to be even better. While I'm not one to stick to my resolutions, I do always try to make a few to see if I can stick to them. I did succeed with my 'drink more water' goal - so let's see if any of these will work out!

I heard that the more specific, passionate, and fewer goals you have, the more likely you are to complete them: 

Eat a veggie or fruit with every meal: I always say I'll "be healthier" but it's hard to stick to something to completely vague. This is simple, and will at least make it easier for me to get my daily dose of greens!

Try new things: A few years ago, Sarah and I would take one day over the weekend to visit a new bookstore, coffee shop, or museum as a way to better learn about our city. I loved doing this, and it was a great way to relax and have fun! I'd really like to get back into doing this. 

Make time for myself and others: Life gets so busy, that sometimes I leave myself and loved ones by the wayside. I want to be better about setting aside time to forget about school, work, or the like for at least a little bit each day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment