Friday, February 7, 2014

{EAT MINNEAPOLIS} Birchwood Cafe

Last Friday I told you that Sarah and I were starting a new tradition, and I also promised that if you came back on Monday you'd find out about it. Well much to my dismay {and I'm sure yours} I fell victim to the ever present ever evil winter cold...you know, the one that silently kicks your ass. All of the dribble aside, here it is! 
Sarah and I ventured off to the Seward neighborhood of Minneapolis for some brunch at Birchwood Cafe, a local farm to table restaurant that serves the most amazing seasonal meals you will find. I ordered the vegetable quiche {top photo} while Sarah went with a truly mind bogglingly delicious {wait for it}... Savory Waffle! Oh that's not it. This waffle was topped with chunks of bacon, a fried egg, chutney, and walnuts. If that's not heaven then I'm not sure what is. 

They also have a really great variety of baked goods, everything from cake, to brownies, to macarons and more. We picked up the coconut and chocolate macaron {pictured above}, the espresso brownie {below}, a chocolate chip cookie, and a german chocolate brownie. Another great thing? Coffee refills are free - which I find to be a nice little throwback to an older era. 


Visit the Birchwood Cafe website for more details about their menu and other events that they're hosting.


3311 East 25th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55406 

photos for Classic Kitsch by Abby Carlson and Sarah Carlson







No comments:

Post a Comment