Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Do You Take Technology Vacations?

I was talking with Sarah the other day - but we weren't really talking to each other. We were in the same room, batting comments back and forth, but no real conversation was taking place. The television was on, we were both on our laptops, and our iPhones were right where we could see them - in our hands. I love all of my gadgets, and many times I wish I had more {Kindles, iPads, etc.} - but quite often I find myself being more concerned about staying updated with my twitter followers, what's happening on Instagram, and compulsively checking my email - it's almost a job in itself. 

I use my iPhone for pretty much everything: calendars, to-do lists, contacts, emails, news, and so much more; I don't know what I'd do without it! However I've realized I don't need it all the time {brunch with family, during my break at work, etc} - which makes me very intrigued in a recent fad called 'technology fasts'. 

Have you ever taken a technology fast or a 'vacation' away from all of your gadgets?

image via gentlemenstie

No comments:

Post a Comment