Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Is Dating Dead?


NYTimes recently had an article about the decline of 'dating' - which got me thinking - is the practice of 'dating' really dead? As I read, I realized that these days I hardly ever hear about a girlfriend of mine going on a 'date', and to top that, I can't remember the last time I was on a date! The romance of phone calls is gone as the cold use of texting infiltrates our lives with fewer and fewer words - we all know about the 'one-word' conversations - even I notice that Alex and I rely most on 'instant and quick' communication of the text. 

Whatever happened to dinner and a movie? A walk through the park sounds nice. And what about that classic gentleman-like chivalry of simply opening a car door? I personally would love the romantic ideal of dating to make a return - who doesn't love a reason to get dolled up?

Is dating passé? Or do you wish it would make a come-back?


No comments:

Post a Comment